– Fed issues housing market white paper Report: While no one solution exists, U.S. needs easier credit, plus more modifications, refinancings and short sales.
– 5 insurance mistakes consumers make Insurance Info Institute: Trim costs but don’t lower coverage, drop flood option or make decisions based on price alone. HUD homes: $100 downpayment in Fla. Through Oct., HUD will sell REO homes to owner-occupants who qualify for FHA financing, including 203k fix-up loans.
– Retirees could again lead Fla. rebound Latest U.S. Census report finds Fla. No. 1 for in-migration from other states, with older adults leading the pack.
– Florida Realtors call for Education Foundation scholarship applications Students in college or about to graduate high school may qualify; find online application, info on floridarealtors.org. Citizens Property Ins. raising costs by looking at details Fla. insurer increases revenue by nixing hurricane mitigation discounts and increasing mandatory replacement costs.
– UF survey: Florida consumer confidence jumps in Dec. UF survey: Three-point rise to 69 is the highest result in nine months and suggests cautious optimism in Fla. Final pending sales report shows 7.3% surge NAR’s latest report shows a Nov. uptick, with the number of homes under contract...
The last post of the year! I hope that you enjoy happy holidays in the company of your loved ones. So tell me in the comments, any plans for christmas or new years? How about new years resolutions? Personally, I’m planning on making sure I keep my weight in...
– NAR: Existing home sales continue to climb in November Fla.’s existing home, condo sales up in November Existing home sales up 11%, condo sales up 2% over year; Fla. condo median price up 4%. National total sales up 4%. Census: Fla. ranks 3rd among states for population growth...
– Counseling helps with mortgage modification Report: At-risk owners who get advice and a modification do 67% better than owners who did not get counseling. Supreme Court nixes foreclosure mediation Fla. no longer requires mediation, closing down two-year-old program; owners said lenders didn’t take it seriously.
– Flood insurance extended six months On Friday, Congress agreed to extend National Flood Insurance Program to May 31, 2012; needs only Obama’s signature. Freddie Mac issues 2012 outlook Mortgage giant expects significant improvement in employment, economic growth and housing – but nothing spectacular.
– NAR: Outside fix-ups are best investment Poll: Realtors nationwide listed remodeling jobs that return the most money at resale; 7 of 10 were exterior upgrades.