– Interactive map shows population changes What do your future buyers look like? Interactive maps use census data to track population changes, empty homes, etc.
– Realtors urge comprehensive reform of mortgage finance system Tom Salomone, former Florida Realtors president and NAR 2012 director, testified before U.S. House committee yesterday. Bankrate: Jumbo mortgage rates hit new record low Bankrate: The average jumbo 30-year FRM this week was 4.68%, with an average 0.4 discount and...
– Fla. appeal court reverses lower court ruling on seller disclosure case Leading U. S. economists: Fla.’s housing market bouncing back Florida Realtors economic conference: Top U.S. economists said Fla.’s economy, real estate sectors show positive growth.
– Fannie and Freddie won’t evict over holidays After Dec. 19, even families on the verge of eviction get at least a two-week reprieve to Jan. 2, 2012. Realtors praise FHA for serving millions of hard-working families NAR President and Fla. Realtor Moe Veissi praised FHA’s vital role in...
– CoreLogic: Fewer U.S. homes have negative equity CoreLogic: In 3Q 2011, 22.1% of residential properties were underwater – a slight improvement from 2Q’s 22.5%. Florida Realtors hosts 2012 real estate and economic forecast event Top economists will share insights on Fla. and nation on Dec. 6 at 2012...
– UF: Fla.’s consumer confidence unchanged Floridians think they’re slightly worse off than last month, but they’re also a bit more optimistic about the future. Pending home sales jump in October The number of homes under contract but not closed surged 10.4% month-to-month and 9.2% year-to-year.
– Consumer confidence surges over 15 points When people spend money, economies expand – and consumers’ financial outlook improved considerably in the Nov. survey.
– NAR: Commercial markets expected to grow in 2012 NAR: Improving fundamentals suggest a positive trend next year, though markets have been relatively flat in 2011.
– NAR awards grants to Realtorandreg; groups for housing efforts Two local Realtor groups in Fla. each received $2,500 to support local affordable housing and education initiatives.
– Fla.’s home, condo sales higher in Oct. Existing home sales up 13%, condo sales up 12% over year; Fla. condo median price up 9%. National total sales up 1.4%. NAR: October existing home sales rise, unsold inventory declines xxx