– Florida’s 2012 NAR President outlines agenda Moe Veissi, a Miami Realtor and 2012 NAR president, says he’ll work hard to keep homeownership affordable and available.
– Realtorsandreg; ready to ‘seize the day’ for America’s homeowners NAR president at 2011 Conference and Expo: For the first time in generations, the American dream is threatened.
– Coalition to fight for affordable home funds Florida Realtors is one of 24 groups that want doc stamp money used for housing – not added to Fla.’s general fund. Fla. assistance for unemployed homeowners State still has money for some at-risk owners and it charges no fees, but...
– 69.6% of Americans say housing will influence their 2012 vote Move Inc. survey: 1/3 of survey respondents say helping owners in foreclosure should be next president’s top goal. Florida’s existing home, condo sales rise in 3Q Existing home sales up 12% over year ago, condo sales up 13%;...
– 1.8M Brazil visitors expected through 2013 Florida Realtors trade mission finds many want to buy real estate; U.S. doubling visa staff to service increased demand.
– HUD wants more affordable housing oversight HOME program has helped 1M families since ’92, but HUD proposes new rules to make sure local gov’ts spend money wisely.
– Housing survey shows link between consumer attitudes, experience Fannie Mae survey: Personal knowledge of person who’s defaulted on mortgage doesn’t really impact the desire to own a home.
– Realtor.com goes global with launch of international site It has residential for-sale listings from Brazil, Bulgaria, France, Italy, Portugal and Spain, among other countries. Census: More young adults are living in their parents’ home Census: For men age 25 to 34, 19% living with parents in 2011, up...
– Robo-signed foreclosures have recourse Some owners foreclosed on by four banks, including SunTrust, can ask for independent review and perhaps be compensated.
– Bargains abound: What are buyers waiting for? With low home prices and ultra-low interest rates, the housing market offers “perhaps the best deals of a generation.”