– NAR: Existing home sales continue to climb in November Fla.’s existing home, condo sales up in November Existing home sales up 11%, condo sales up 2% over year; Fla. condo median price up 4%. National total sales up 4%. Census: Fla. ranks 3rd among states for population growth...
– Counseling helps with mortgage modification Report: At-risk owners who get advice and a modification do 67% better than owners who did not get counseling. Supreme Court nixes foreclosure mediation Fla. no longer requires mediation, closing down two-year-old program; owners said lenders didn’t take it seriously.
– Flood insurance extended six months On Friday, Congress agreed to extend National Flood Insurance Program to May 31, 2012; needs only Obama’s signature. Freddie Mac issues 2012 outlook Mortgage giant expects significant improvement in employment, economic growth and housing – but nothing spectacular.
– NAR: Outside fix-ups are best investment Poll: Realtors nationwide listed remodeling jobs that return the most money at resale; 7 of 10 were exterior upgrades.
– Florida Realtors nears $50K for vet program Only $300 needed to lift ‘Paws for Patriots’ over $50K; Realtors can name a dog before it’s given to a U.S. veteran.
– Technology in 2020: Future is here Offices will be less important as workers own their technology, work anywhere and even implant personal computer chips.
– HouseLogic poll: Voters driven by jobs, housing in 2012 election HouseLogic: 27% of voters polled say housing is a No. 1 election concern, second only to 54% who cited unemployment. NAHB: Flawed appraisals killing more deals Some appraisals come in lower than the cost of construction because they’re...
– Interactive map shows population changes What do your future buyers look like? Interactive maps use census data to track population changes, empty homes, etc.
– Realtors urge comprehensive reform of mortgage finance system Tom Salomone, former Florida Realtors president and NAR 2012 director, testified before U.S. House committee yesterday. Bankrate: Jumbo mortgage rates hit new record low Bankrate: The average jumbo 30-year FRM this week was 4.68%, with an average 0.4 discount and...
– Fla. appeal court reverses lower court ruling on seller disclosure case Leading U. S. economists: Fla.’s housing market bouncing back Florida Realtors economic conference: Top U.S. economists said Fla.’s economy, real estate sectors show positive growth.